Sunday, September 6, 2009

5 and 5


Year two is beginning, and with it the usual frenzy of documents for the Bulgarian ministry of education, reckless annihilation of tape rolls as I decorate my classroom, and general lot of welcome-back everyone party baking. So I'd like to take this quiet moment, on a rainy Sunday evening, to look back on some of the places we went last year, and consider some places I hope to see this year. Last year, living abroad was just as hard as I thought, with just as many rewards as we imagined. This year, so far, the transition to Bulgaria has been smoother, but I hope and think there will still be many interesting experiences couched in a little less drama. So here is my list of 5 and 5 - kind of a "Glad to Have Done" and "Hope to Do" set of lists. 

5 Places I Loved Last Year: 


Marrakech and the Atlantic Coast, Morocco

Santorini, Greece

Barcelona, Spain

Istanbul, Turkey

Vienna, Austria

5 Places I'd like to Love this Year:


Zagreb, Croatia

Amsterdam, The Netherlands

Cairo, Egypt

Ljubljana, Slovenia

Tirana, Albania (should be our next trip, in two weeks! I can't wait to see what mayor Edi Rama has done with the place)


Images in the second set of five all taken from : Trek Earth, an incredible site to see anywhere in the world...



No comments: