Thursday, March 5, 2009

Barcelona Tapas Recipes and Great Cooking Blogs



I am on a cooking kick, as you may know, and have recently learned to make couscous salad with chicken and carrots, vegetarian chili, and rosemary sea salt focaccia. After sampling many delicious Spanish items in Barcelona last weekend, I've begun a Spanish section in my "Life Abroad" cookbook (yes, I am making a Life Abroad cookbook, and it is really cool, with business cards from the bakeries and restaurants we have visited all over Europe). 

My quest to reproduce the Spanish tapas we found in Barcelona led me to discover two wonderful cooking websites. Check these out, either to try making your own tapas, or just to search through all the fabulous recipes available, accompanied by fabulous photos...

Recipe Blog #1, for Pan Amb Tomaquet, is Around the World in 80 Recipes: the author of this blog describes meals she has with people from all over the world, and shares their recipes! 

Recipe Blog #2, for Spanish Tortilla, is Smitten Kitchen: all I can say is this blogger wows me with her incredible list of recipes and gorgeous photos. Anyone who likes to cook will enjoy surfing through these recipes (here's looking at you, Brie, Colleen, Judy, and Mom!). 
I also must mention that tonight I read on this blog one of my favorite written lines ever. After describing a very late arrival home from an exhausting business trip in a preamble to her homemade oreo cookie recipe, she wrote "Thursday was understandably canceled due to lack of interest." I chuckled with glee here in my office after a rather exhausting Thursday...

(The photos above are from these two blogs). 

No comments: