Thursday, September 18, 2008

School Opens... plus I'm famous!!!

The ACS Student Body cheers for the new 8th Grade class in the Auditorium on Day One

There they are, the Prep Class, fondly referred to as "The Rabbits"


The different school houses competed in various games after the assembly in a kind of mini-Olympics. I coached/advised/attempted to rally cheering for Burgandy House, way on the far left in this photo.



Here are the house competitors preparing for the "Mini Bike Race." The theme from Chariots of Fire was pumped into the course via speakers as the rain poured down. I am not kidding. It was awesome. 

The school year is off to a good start. And we are off to Serbia for the weekend. If we can ever convince the rail company to let us give them money in exchange for tickets...

On another note...

I'M FAMOUS! 

Well, there are all kinds of fame. I am excited to see my name in print at a website where I've frequently searched for lesson ideas over the years. If you want to share my joy, click on the link below:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Betsy: "What a great feeling that must be," say your parents, Chuck and Connie. "Congratulations, and please prepare a differentiated lesson for us, too." P.S.Have good times in Serbia, beginning at 4 a.m. love, xo, bj